Deering Mumford & Sons "Illinois" Charity Banjo (2018)
Deering, in collaboration with the band Mumford & Sons, created a unique banjo that was built for select dates of the bands “Delta Tour" with its own colors, aesthetics, and was signed by the band. Then auctioned off for charity. This particular instrument has an outline of the state of Illinois on the headstock. Total of 15 built for their tour. This one was auctioned at their Chicago stop. It’s a similar model to a Goodtime Special. Deering gigbag included. This instrument is in excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- Custom one of a kind Deering Artisan Special Goodtime banjo. Signed by Mumford & Sons. All are slightly different. Total of 15 built for select dates of their "Delta Tour" that went from 2019- 2020
- This one was auctioned at their Chicago, IL show. And the money was donated to a charity in Chicago.
- No SN
- December of 2018
- Satin amber stained neck and rim.
- Satin red stained maple resonator with white binding
- 22-fret midnight maple fingerboard with fancy inlays
- Headstock features "GOODTIME" banner and outline of the state of Illinois
- 11" Remo Renaissance style head with a graphic and signatures of band members.
- Planetary tuners and geared 5th string peg
- Single bar tension hoop, 16 brackets
- Flat plate flange with circle pattern
- Deering tailpiece
- White armrest
- 1-9/32" nut, ~26-1/4" scale
- Designed and built in California, U.S.A. by Deering
- With Deering gigbag