Northfield Workshop F5M Master Model "Big Mon" Mandolin, Engelmann Top
A beefed-up version of Northfield Workshop’s F5 mandolin, the Big Mon features a larger body size and larger f-holes,, which means more mids, bigger bass, and increased overall volume. This model has a solid Engelmann spruce top and solid figured Northeastern red maple back, sides, and neck. These beautiful tonewoods are complemented by an impressive hybrid finish of hand-rubbed spirit varnish with a very thin lacquer topcoat for protection.More Details...
To help insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required when shipping this item outside of the USA. This is due to the CITES treaty, which regulates international trade of certain materials like rosewood, abalone, and pearl.
If you purchase this item to be shipped outside of the USA, we'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary."
- Solid Engelmann Spruce top
- Solid Figured Northeastern Red Maple back, sides and neck
- 2 Tone bar bracing
- Top-quality hand-rubbed spirit varnish finish and violin varnish neck with very thin lacquer topcoat for protection
- Traditional neck shape with a very soft "V" against the palm and comfortable C-shaped shoulders
- 1-1/8" nut width (available with 1-3/16" nut, inquire)
- Radiused ebony fingerboard with genuine mother-of-pearl dot position markers
- Scalloped fingerboard extension
- ~14” scale length
- Traditionally shaped ebony bridge, hand-shaped to match the compound radius of the fingerboard and hand-fit to each mandolin
- Ivoroid binding on the body, fingerboard and peghead
- Premium Schaller reverse-style tuners
- Bound tortoise pickguard
- Genuine mother of pearl peghead inlay and logo design
- James tailpiece
- Handmade by experienced, skilled craftsmen in a small, employee-owned workshop in Asia; carefully inspected and set-up in the USA
- Hardshell case included