Ellis F-5 Tradition Mandolin & Case
This limited edition F-5 from premium builder Tom Ellis is a tribute to the voicing of the 1922 Lloyd Loar mandolin owned by David “Dawg” Grisman. It’s built with an Adirondack red spruce top and premium sugar maple neck, sides, and two-piece back. The whole instrument features a gorgeous tobacco sunburst color with a shellac French polish finish. It’s equipped with gold hardware, including an engraved James tailpiece and engraved 4-on-a-plate tuners with pearl buttons. This impressive mandolin, like the original, will be an heirloom. More Details...
Elderly Warranty: One year Manufacturer's Warranty: Limited lifetime
- Top: Adirondack Red Spruce
- Back: Two-Piece Curly Sugar Maple Back
- Sides: Sugar Maple
- Binding: Ivoroid Side Binding
- Body Color: Tobacco Sunburst
- Body Finish: Shellac French Polish
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony with Mother of Pearl Vintage Ellis Logo
- Tuners Waverly: Gold with Pearl Buttons
- Peghead Inlay: Ellis Tradition
- Neck Wood: Flamed Sugar Maple
- Neck Profile: Soft V
- Neck Joint Curved Mortise and Tenon
- Truss Rod: Fully Adjustable
- Neck Finish: Unfinished Speed Neck
- Fingerboard: Ebony with Mother of Pearl Dots
- Frets: EVO Gold
- Pickguard: Bound Tortoise Pickguard
- Tailpiece: Gold James, Hand-engraved Logo
- Bridge: Ebony w/ Adjustable Saddle
- Strings: GHS A270
- Case: Custom Calton
- Nut Width: 1 1/8"
- String Spacing: 1 9/16"
- Scale Length: 13 7/8"
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.5" - 15" Compound Radius
- Body Length: 12 7/8"
- Body Depth: 1 3/4"
- Lower Bout Width: 9 5/16"
- Total Length: 27 7/16"