Gibson TB-3 Tenor Banjo (1927)
To help insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required when shipping this item outside of the USA. This is due to the CITES treaty, which regulates international trade of certain materials like rosewood, abalone, and pearl.
If you purchase this item to be shipped outside of the USA, we'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary."
- Mahogany stain finish
- Double-bound maple resonator (with repair near the neck cutout - see photo)
- 2-piece flange
- No-hole archtop tone ring
- Dual coordinator rods
- Worn plating on tension hoop
- Maple neck
- Bound Brazilian rosewood 19-fret fingerboard (deep wear in the wood between frets 1-5)
- Pearl inlays (including "MASTERTONE" block)
- Fiddle-cut headstock with pearl inlays including slanted "Gibson" logo
- Original "GROVER PAT." geared tuners with ivoroid buttons
- Tailpiece marked "Grover Patent PRESTO"
- 1-5/32" nut
- 22-3/4" scale
- Newer Superior brand hardshell case
- SN: 8824-50