Parts Open Back Banjo (early 21st century)
This banjo appears to have a Mike Ramsey pot. It features an 11" skin head and Whyte Laydie tone ring. It also has an unknown maker Vega Whyte Laydie No.2 style neck that needs some work (neck is up-bowed, truss rod is maxed out, the back of neck is separating in the center under first 2 frets). Superior hardshell case included. It needs some work (install new truss rod, dowel stick reset, repair neck center seam, etc.), and is in very good to excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- This appears to be a Mike Ramsey pot with a neck by an unknown maker, neck has some problems (noted below).
- SN 2753
- Early 21st century
- Satin natural finish on neck and outside of rim.
- Dark stained finish on inside or rim.
- ~3/8" maple rim, 11" skin head and Whyte Laydie tone ring
- Neck is styled after an early Vega Whyte Laydie No. 2
- 2-piece maple neck with dark center strip
- 17-fret ebony fingerboard with ebony fingerboard with frailing scoop, zero fret
- Pearl engraved inlays
- Headstock features engraved star, scroll and gryphon inlay
- Five Star Planetary-style tuners and geared 5th string peg.
- 24 brackets with bracket band. Notched tension hoop
- Wire armrest, repro No Knot tailpiece
- 1-11/32" nut, ~26" scale
- With Superior HSC (green lining)
- Needs new truss rod (truss rod is maxed), dowel stick reset, repair neck center seam, etc. - plays okay, sold AS-IS)