Gibson L-50 (c.1938)
This 1930’s Gibson L-50 still has a lot of music left to give. A 16” archtop guitar, it has a sunburst finished spruce top and dark stained maple sides and back. It plays okay, but is sold AS-IS (needs refret, fix one large back crack, restring, setup, etc.). Original hardshell case is included. This vintage archtop guitar is in very good condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
Instruments sold “AS-IS” have not been set up by our repair shop and do not come with the Elderly warranty.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
The following specs were provided by our repair and appraisal teams. For a more detailed description please call (517) 372-7880
- SN DG-3128
- VGC *(see below)
- 16" archtop guitar
- Sunburst finished solid spruce top with f-holes
- Dark stained maple back and sides.
- Bound top and back
- 14-fret mahogany neck
- V-shaped neck profile
- Radiused 19-fret Brazilian rosewood fingerboard
- Pearl dot inlays
- Black headstock overlay with pearl script "Gibson" logo
- Individual Grover tuners with cream buttons (several changed screws)
- Brazilian rosewood bridge
- Trapeze tailpiece with raised diamond (diamond string retainer may be newer).
- Tortoise plastic pickguard
- 1-3/4" nut, 24-3/4" scale
- 16" lower bout, ~3-3/8" body depth at tailpiece
- With Geib red line OHSC (purple lining)
- VGC except needs (refret, fix one large back crack, restring and setup, etc. - plays okay to 11th fret, sold AS-IS)