Bloom Hornbeam Special 11.5" Openback Banjo
Handcrafted in Michigan, this handsome openback banjo features a heavy maple pot with birdseye maple cap and a beveled Hornbeam (ironwood) tone hoop. The light curly maple neck is cut and finished by hand and is patterned after the Fairbanks banjos of the early 20th century. A great banjo -- a very direct instrument with strong fundamental tonal qualities. Dan Gellert, Frank Lee and Allison DeGroot have played this model and reviewed it favorably. More Details...
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: One year Manufacturer's Warranty: Limited lifetime
- 11.5" rim with 22 bracket hooks
- Hard maple pot with birdseye maple cap
- The rim laminations are steam bent then kiln tempered and glued with a waterproof glue
- Beveled Hornbeam (ironwood) tone hoop
- Ebony peghead overlay
- Scooped ebony fingerboard
- Carbon fiber reinforcing rod in neck
- 25.5" scale length
- Dowel stick with fitted ferrule
- Pisgah Hawktail tailpiece
- Remo Renaissance Head
- Gotoh tuners with amber buttons
- Mother-of-pearl Mythical Beast inlay in overlay and at 5th and 17th frets
- Light cinnamon finish
- Frank Lee says, Bloom banjos are "unsurpassed in craftsmanship. Very consistent tone, right down the line."