Martin 00-42 (1934)
A great sounding 1930's Martin, this 00-42 has an Adirondack spruce top, Brazilian rosewood back and sides, and a 12-fret mahogany neck. Appointments include a tortoise plastic pickguard, abalone rosette, and abalone top purfling, including around the fretboard extension. The slotted headstock has a rosewood overlay and individual riveted Grover tuners. It’s great to find one in crack-free condition! This guitar is in very good-excellent condition. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: None Manufacturer's Warranty: None
- Adirondack spruce top
- Brazilian rosewood back and sides
- 12-fret mahogany neck with slotted headstock
- Looks like it got a new ebony fingerboard and inlays, square tube metal reinforcement bar, and new nut (likely in the 60's by Martin)
- Abalone top purfling, including around fingerboard extension
- Abalone soundhole rosette
- Ebony bridge with long saddle
- Tortoise plastic pickguard
- Rosewood peghead overlay with "C.F. Martin & Co." logo
- Stamp on back of peghead
- Individual riveted Grover tuners
- ~24-7/8" scale
- 1-29/32" nut
- Back of neck has been oversprayed
- Recent neck reset by our shop
- Original hardshell case (purple lining)
- SN: 55622