Kentucky KM-505 Mandolin , A-Model
A totally retooled version, of this elegant, perennially popular mandolin! All solid wood construction, figured maple sides and hand-carved back, hand-carved & graduated spruce top with f-holes, tone bar bracing, maple neck with adjustable truss rod, dovetail neck-body joint, radiused ebony fingerboard with dot inlay and stylized extension, snakehead style peghead with Gotoh tuners and ornate inlay, bound body, neck & peghead, adjustable ebony bridge, bone nut, gold plated hardware and amberburst lacquer finish. Imported from Asia. Padded "Nu-Hyde" gigbag included. More Details...
Due to treaties that regulate international trade and insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required if you ship this item outside of the USA. We'll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary.
A great setup can make a world of difference. This instrument has been thoroughly inspected and expertly set up to play comfortably and sound its best.
Elderly Warranty: One year Manufacturer's Warranty: One year
- Back and Side Material: Solid Flamed Alpine Maple
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Body Style: A-Model
- Bridge Material: Polished Ebony with Adjustment Wheels
- Fingerboard Binding: White ABS
- Fingerboard Inlay: M-O-P Dots
- Fingerboard Material: Radiused Ebony
- Finish: Amberburst High Gloss
- Neck / Body Joint: Dovetail
- Neck Material: One-piece Alpine Maple
- Note: Accepts Loop-end Strings Only
- Number of Frets Clear: 15
- Number of Frets Total: 22
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1 1/8 in.
- Peghead Inlay: Mountain Rose peghead inlay in red pearl, abalone and mother-of-pearl with Kentucky logo in pearl
- Peghead Overlay: Black ABS
- Pickguard: Black/White/Black ABS with beveled edge
- Plating: Gold-plated / Pattern and Logo Stamped
- Scale Length: 13 7/8 in. (354mm)
- Soundhole Shape: Traditional F-Hole
- Tailpiece: 1920s-style Stamped Brass / Press-fit Cover
- Top: Select Solid German Spruce
- Top Purfling: Multi-ply W-B-W / Top and Back Inlay
- Truss Rod: Vintage Single Adjusting
- Tuning Machines: Standard Gotohï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ 4-on-a-plate / Removable Pearloid Buttons
- Padded "Nu-Hyde" Gigbag