Tone-Gard for Traditional Mandolin
Unleash the full tone of your mandolin with Tone-Gard. This nicely made accessory attaches to the back of your mandolin to isolate the back of the mandolin away from your body, allowing the sonic energy within the instrument to project more effectively, resulting in a much bigger sound and better frequency response.
- Fits 9 3/4" to 9 15/16" body width
- Fits most traditional A and F model mandolins, but not the slightly smaller Celtic A models
- Do not use on the soft varnish finish instruments
- Light steel "sunrise-pattern" framework coated with a durable black paint
- Leather and rubber pads at key contact points to protect the instrument
- Among the many satisfied Tone-Gard users are David Grisman, Ricky Skaggs, Radim Zenkl, Andy Statman, Mike Marshall, Tom Rozum, and Eric Thompson