Weymann Keystone State Mandolute (1920's)
An intriguing 1920s instrument, this Weymann Keystone State Mandolute features a teardrop shape body with a natural finish curved spruce top and red stained figured maple neck, rims, and curved back. Other details include an inset tortoise plastic pickguard, oval soundhole, and engraved nickel tailpiece cover and tuning machine cover plates. This instrument is in fair condition and needs a lot of work to get back in playing condition, but it would be a fine addition to any historical collection. More details...
Availability: In stock,
top of page...
- Teardrop shape
- Natural finished curved spruce top with oval soundhole
- Red stained figured maple neck, rims, and curved back
- Ivoroid-bound 22-fret pearwood fingerboard
- 1-1/4" nut
- ~13-1/2" scale
- ~9" body width
- Ebony bridge
- Inset tortoise plastic pickguard
- Rope-style top purfling
- Engraved nickel tailpiece cover and tuning machine cover plates
- Decal on back of headstock reads, "THE WEYMANN / KEYSTONE / STATE / MANUF'D BY / Weymann & Son / PHILA, PA."
- Top has been refinished and body has been oversprayed
- With original hardshell case (green lining, replacement handle)
- FC with several top and back cracks, needs much work (neck is sinking into body, loose neck block, loose braces, etc. - sold AS-IS)
|New or Used||Used|
-Official "AS-IS" Item. Learn more........