Tone-Gard for Traditional Mandolin
Unleash the full tone of your mandolin with Tone-Gard. This nicely made accessory attaches to the back of your mandolin to isolate the back of the mandolin away from your body, allowing the sonic energy within the instrument to project more effectively, resulting in a much bigger sound and better frequency response. More details...
Availability: In stock,
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
top of page...
- Fits 9 3/4" to 9 15/16" body width
- Fits most traditional A and F model mandolins, but not the slightly smaller Celtic A models
- Do not use on the soft varnish finish instruments
- Light steel "sunrise-pattern" framework coated with a durable black paint
- Leather and rubber pads at key contact points to protect the instrument
- Among the many satisfied Tone-Gard users are David Grisman, Ricky Skaggs, Radim Zenkl, Andy Statman, Mike Marshall, Tom Rozum, and Eric Thompson
|New or Used||New|
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Let your mandolin ring with Tone Gard
- I have a Tone Gard on my Washburn M3SWK F body Mandolin. This is going to give your mandolin a wakeup that you will love. It is one of the upgrades that every mandolin should have. Let the mandolin ring by not muffling out the back against your belly. That is what Tone Gard does. I need one for my Martin guitar now that they are available. Yes Tone Gard works.
- Must have for serious mandolin players
- This is the cheapest way to upgrade your mandolin. There is a noticeable increase in volume and sustain. The only downside is the added weight but it isn't much.